How to create omnichannel returns
A returns management process is designed to handle product returns, whether for an equal exchange or a full refund, and deciding what to do with an item once it’s returned. With omnichannel returns, customers can return products through multiple channels.
Many parts of the retail supply chain are impacted by returns, such as warehousing, inventory management, and profitability. Any return is related to an article shipped. OIL maintains the state of any order as well as the actual status of each order line.
Omnichannel returns with OIL
A return can be offered at any location as long it is related to a known order in OIL OMS. Returns can be pre-announced or directly returned to a store or warehouse.
A return requires a status or reason and based on this condition the return processes are coordinated. This can support processes to increase stock levels, scrap or other. A return pre-announcement is often used on marketplaces orders or when to reroute the return to an alternative/optimal location.
An omnichannel refund process
Returns usually result in a refund process. OIL offers extensive support for this:
- Automated refunds on (multiple) original payment method(s) through integrations with PSP’s
- Integrations with POS platforms to handle returns that have already been (partially refunded)
- Refund priorities, rules related to refunding of shipment costs etc.
- SEPA refunds – including retrieving bank account details in case of orders paid with cash that are returned to a (e)DC
- Settings can be determined per sales channel
Ready to take your next step in order management?
Book a demo to try OIL for yourself, or download the OIL info sheet.